The Assembly program will focus on interactive sessions featuring Audubon California staff and chapter members that build the capacity of leaders within the Audubon network.
Chapter Congress – (90 minutes)
Chapter Leaders meet with the Audubon California staff to set mutual conservation priorities for 2019.
Peer Networking - (90 minutes)
Chapter leaders will be able to network with other leaders who hold the same position on their boards and discuss common challenges and share solutions.
Welcome remarks from Sarah Rose, Executive Director of Audubon California
Keynote and Dinner
- Fundraising Workshop: Planned Giving 101
- Spreading the word: Communication strategies for chapters
- Saving birds through policy action
- Western Water: Audubon connecting water for Birds and People
- Climate initiatives to protect birds and people
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Building bridges between conservation and environmental justice: Forging partnerships and expanding our reach
- Conservation in So Cal: What tree mortality and fire mean for the rest of the state
- Coalition building: Advancing conservation priorities with local partners on the ground
Happy Hour hosted by the Audubon California board
Sunday Field Trips
Bolsa Chica - hosted by Sea & Sage Audubon Society
Los Cerritos Wetland - hosted by El Dorado Audubon Society
Toxics Tour with Communities for a Better Environment and tour of International Bird Rescue
How you can help, right now
Subscribe to our enewsletter
Audubon California News comes to your email inbox every month with updates on our activities throughout the state, as well as other important conservation news.